Sunday, November 7, 2010

mary poppins town ....

festival of the vino novello at Leveranto

(dodgey photos from my phone ... which takes the worst photos I ever saw,  ....blurry and messed up even in full daylight... so mad at myself ...this happens everytime I think Im not going to take my heavy camera gear around, for once..... errrghhhhhh)

but it was a magical night ..
I loved that it was all teenagers playing traditional "Taranta" music and singing and dancing ... playing tambourines, accordian , spoons 
a different group on each corner or in each alcove of the town 
pizzica




the "Taranta" ... a kind of whirling jumping dance that is symbolic of what happens during the olive harvest if you get bitten by the tarantula... e vola vola vola ...

and this stilt walker sitting in a window bashfully crossing and uncrossing his legs , playing a little pipe...with a long beaky mask on .. I dont know how they were walking on the uneven jumbly cobblestones .....so sweet

3 comments:

Morrgan said...

That looks like so much fun!

Although, tarantulas? Really? Eek!

Naomi said...

Cool!! What fun! It's so great that the teenage boys get involved and sing their little hearts out too, great to see ;-)

RitaJC said...

Amazing!
Thank you so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...