Tuesday, December 9, 2008

i love Christmas


...call me old fashioned and a peter pan ...but i love it ...

this weekend i escaped from Milano up to my friends' country house
and we set to work making the most amazing Christmas tree ever ...

this involved a long walk in the melting snow and finding the most enormous tree that had fallen down with the weight of the recent snow...
we dragged it about a kilometer back to the house ... trimmed it a bit and started painting it ....
i managed to hand paint about 6 million leaves ... it is an oak

it stands about 10 foot high or about 3 metres :)
made pom poms and christmas cake and wrapped presents for all the rest of the weekend ...

and here it is


......
......

20 comments:

ArtMind said...

I think it's the most wonderful X-mas tree I've ever seen! Super! :)

fleurfatale said...

oooh, it's gorgoues, what a great idea, and thanks for sharing, maybe I should go for a walk too, to find a tree and pimp it like that!!!!!!

antigoni said...

super!!!! and soooo artistic!!!!

ingermaaike said...

Sublime tree, I'd nearly start liking christmas for it..

Star of the East said...

Such a gorgeous tree, this 'job' must have been perfect for you :)

Kreativlink said...

WOW! Breathtaking! :)

dindi said...

I hate Christmas, but this tree is GORGEOUS!!!!

creationsbyeve said...

Ohhh!this is a fantastic tree!!I love christmas decoration!!!

ira said...

Very beautiful Tree frances and very clever too!:)))

Pamela Angus said...

it's so pretty and creative - nice way to spend a weekend!!

Amanda Yu said...

wow, Frances, so cozy! what a lovely time you had spent with your friends. The Christmas tree is marvelous!!!!

gretchenmist/belkemp said...

hi, thanks so much for your comment on my blog. this tree is incredible! your blog is gorgeous too :)
belinda

sarah said...

pink pompoms!! how wonderful!!!

Ravenhill said...

Oh, so marvelously magical and pretty! You make Christmas fresh and wonderous again! I love it!

Heli said...

Oh it IS the most beautiful Christmas tree I have ever seen!
Woooow :)

Sigmosaics said...

Yep, I think I vote with the rest .. it would have to be the most beautiful christmas tree i've ever seen too! What a wonderful weekend you had !!

glasfaden said...

Woww! What a lovely idea! Wonderful result after the hard work.

starrybluesky said...

BEAUTIFUL tree !!!! :) And congrats on the book..how very cool. And your own contribution is just amazing :)

michiko said...

Fantastic!! I love your imagination and creativity Frances, as always.

karuski said...

Very beautifully decorated! Saw some pretty wraps under the tree, too:D

Merry Christmas Harriet!

minna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...